Proposed Benefits Of CBD Infused Beauty Products
CBD is a natural cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant that helps rebuild the natural balance of your body. It possesses anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is used to treat various skin conditions. CBD is not addictive, so consuming it or applying it directly to the skin won’t make you feel “high.”
This article will explain the evidence-based benefits of CBD for the skin.
Multiple research studies identified several therapeutic properties that could point to CBD’s efficacy as an acne treatment.
- Research study findings imply that CBD’s oil-reducing and anti-inflammatory properties could be particularly useful in the treatment of acne (1).
- In another study, CBD was found to inhibit excessive acne-inducing inflammatory compounds. The study claimed that CBD is an anti-inflammatory therapeutic for acne (2).
- Acne formation is due to bacterial emergence, and research suggests that CBD may be capable of fighting acne-causing bacteria. According to a 2020 study, CBD can help kill gram-positive bacteria, which is the type of bacteria that causes acne (3).
- A study also suggested that CBD may help treat acne scars (4).
- Dryness, Redness & Itchiness
The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD are helpful in the treatment of dermatologic conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. This is because CBD helps reduce dryness, swelling, irritation, redness, and breakouts from these skin conditions (5).
The antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties of CBD help prevent the appearance of skin ageing (6). CBD anti-aging creams visibly reduce wrinkles, dullness, and redness by combating free radical damage and reducing the appearance of inflammation.
- Skin Infections
CBD possesses anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties therefore it helps treat skin infections (7).
- Skin Elasticity and Hydration
CBD may be effective for dry, dehydrated skin (8). The research studies found that the use of topical CBD ointment twice daily for three months resulted in significant improvements in skin hydration and elasticity in patients with various skin conditions and skin scarring (9).
CBD has the potential to promote healthier skin. If you’re interested in adding CBD to your skincare routine, you can choose the high-quality products from OTO’s CBD skincare range. This is because each OTO product combines CBD with a carefully selected combination of essential oils and ayurvedic botanicals to promote your skin health. This skincare range has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that make your skin hydrated, decrease hyperpigmentation, promote elasticity and smoothness, remove scars, and bring you back to perfect skin health.