Do you want to know how to read tarot cards? Tarot readings can be a fun way to get a glimpse into your future, and they can also provide helpful insights into difficult situations. If you’re new to tarot readings, this guide will teach you everything you need to know. We’ll cover the basics of how tarot reader work, as well as some tips for getting the most out of your readings. So, whether you’re looking for personal guidance or just want to try something new, keep reading for everything you need to know about reading tarot cards.
The Basics of Tarot Card Reading
Many people use tarot cards for personal guidance, but they can also be used for divination or fortune-telling. If you’re just starting out with tarot readings, the meanings of the cards can seem a bit mysterious. However, if you understand how tarot readings work, you’ll soon be able to give and interpret your own readings confidently.
- Past, Present, and Future. This form of tarot reading is most common. The cards are laid out in a certain pattern to represent the past, present, and future. For example, a card might be placed in the center to represent your current situation, while cards on either side of it could represent your past and future, respectively.
- Yes/No Questions. Tarot cards can also be used to offer guidance on specific questions. You simply ask your question, then pick cards to represent “yes” or “no.”
- Three-Card Spread. This is a common spread that can be used when asking any type of question. There are hundreds of possible variations, but in general, it will consist of three cards laid out in front of you.
Types of Tarot Decks
There are many types of tarot decks available, and not all of them are created equal. Most decks come with their own meanings, so it’s important to understand how yours is organized before giving a reading. There are three common types of decks:
- Traditional. This is the classic tarot deck, with 22 major arcana cards and 56 minor arcana cards. The 22 major arcana cards are more symbolic than literal, but they can provide some insight into your current situation.
- Modern. This is similar to the traditional deck, but it has one major arcana card less.
- Creativity. This is an especially popular option for people who want to create unique spreads for their readings. These decks may not have the traditional structure that some people prefer, but they can still be fun and insightful.
How to Make Tarot Decks Work for You
The cards of a tarot deck are usually laid out in certain patterns, with each position having a specific meaning. As you practice your tarot readings, you might see certain symbols or patterns that pop up again and again. That’s because most cards are associated with specific meanings, so the same symbols will appear over and over again. Once you start to recognize these patterns, it will be easier to give a meaningful reading.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Readings
If you’re new to tarot readings, you might feel a bit confused about how to interpret the cards. If you’re looking for guidance, here are some tips that can help:
- Focus on the Major Arcana. The major arcana cards are symbolic, so it’s best to focus on these cards when you’re first starting out. The minor arcana cards can provide useful information, but they have a more literal meaning.
- Look at the Position of Each Card. Each card has a certain position. If you see cards arranged in different positions, it can mean that your situation is changing.
- Read From Right to Left. When cards are laid out in a specific pattern, you should read them from right to left. So, if one card is above another, the first card represents the past, while the second one represents the future.
- Think of Your Reading as a Conversation. You don’t have to go into a tarot reading expecting to get specific answers. Instead, think of yourself as having a conversation with your deck. This can help you establish a deeper connection with the cards, which can make it easier for you to give your readings.