SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — San Jose police are releasing details about a man who allegedly took two children hostage while armed with a machete during last week’s deadly confrontation. Police shot the man dead.
The San Jose Police Chief held a press conference at 11:30 a.m. Monday to discuss the standoff and the cause of the shooting.
Watch the press conference live in the video player above 11:30.
standoff has begun At 8:30 pm on March 22, a man barricaded a hostage in his Boynton Avenue home, police said. The police confrontation lasted about nine hours before officers opened fire. The man died shortly after being shot in a hospital, according to the San Jose Police Department.
The SJPD said the three hostages had been safely removed from their homes.
So far, police have not released the man’s name or his relationship to the hostage.
This news article will be updated. Please check the latest information.
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/san-jose-police-releasing-more-details-on-deadly-standoff/ San Jose Police Release Deadly Standoff Details