If you deal with the writing of different kinds, you have encountered a specific paradox: no matter your subject or purpose, you can follow the same rules. How can it happen? Well, all sorts of pencraft require common essential features: compelling ideas, distinct language, and relevance. So, where to find the helpful professional writing tips to become a genuine writing expert? You may choose a time-consuming and quite sophisticated path by reading versatile eloquent literature, thoughtful magazine articles, and even trendy blogs. You can do this if you intend to be a social media content writer. Such a practice may be not only useful but also confusing. You may not know if the books you read add value to your experience. It is possible to assume that your life is hectic and you hardly cope with your daily tasks. So, you may not have enough time to absorb literary works on a regular basis. It also entails great self-discipline. Are you ready to control what you read and then jot down all the potential tips? The majority of people need straightforward tutorials. If you are still a student, then you are currently involved in the main learning achievements. The more essays you complete, the more experience you gain. You may gradually know which word should be used almost instinctively. No one can provide you with an ultimate success recipe. The major part of your writing accomplishment depends on you. Of course, unless you turn to professional custom writers for help. Mind that in this case, you should find the best writing service on the web, which guarantees you the originality of the purchased text and complete confidentiality. If you are determined to create your written masterpiece yourself, our practical guidelines can lead you through the way, giving you more creative encouragement at the very least.
The Initial Tips Regarding the Writing Discrepancies
If you wish to get as flexible as possible, you should enhance your writing skills across various contexts:
- Every specific kind of writing has its conventional genre. Your task is to discern and classify conventions within miscellaneous genres.
- Different genres require discrepant writing styles. When focusing on the chosen genre, you should experiment with your voice and tone, making them recognizable.
- You have to distinguish various writing contexts as well:
- Professional context (literary publications, business reports or reviews, internal service documents, papers related to diverse official policies);
- Academic context (ordinary college or university assignments; research papers or proposals; scholarly publications) => You have to gain expertise to be able to discern and specify contextual requirements of the chosen writing kind;
- Interdisciplinary writing. To master it, you have to delve into various methods of writing within discrepant disciplines. After gaining this skill, you will become an experienced competent writer who can control the ensuing writing processes.
Executive Summary Guidelines
The unifying purpose of every Executive Summary is to present a succinct version of your original research or independent written piece. It should encompass all the necessary details to enlighten your readers on the topic in question. In knowing about your main issues, your readers should also grasp necessary recommendations for practical implementation of the subject matter. For ordinary publicist works, you can simply call this excerpt a “summary”. Usually, it is located at the beginning of your written piece. Its fundamental intention is to help your target audience instantly see the dominant features of a longer report and start pondering on the relevance of your topic. Due to its succinctness and emphasis on the most relevant aspects, your readers turn into evaluators of your work from the decision-making and even managerial perspectives. They will instantly comprehend the most important information. Apart from concisely presenting your contextual information, it is advisable to include a transitory overview of the discussed issue. Do not forget to add the synopsis of the key findings, results, and suggestions. Take into account that your summary should not contain some extra details, except for those highlighted in your primary paper.
You cannot start writing not knowing anything about your topic. Even some preliminary knowledge of the issue may not be enough to immerse you in a productive writing process. Jot down all the ideas on the issue before you begin producing the first draft. Some premature writing may not be that bad. Consider that you should not confuse this writing manner with a flow of consciousness, which is usually helpful for exceptional poetic purposes. Premature writing, without sufficient knowledge of the issue, usually leads to expressing badly organized, repetitive, and puzzling thoughts. There are some helpful questions you can ask before you immerse in the actual writing. These are: What kind of knowledge should my target audience gain? What thoughts should my written piece evoke? If you cannot answer these questions immediately, then you risk producing many premature ideas, which may be excessive or unnecessary. Take your time to brainstorm and collect more contributing thoughts. Evaluate your writing: if it looks ambiguous and high-flown, then you should take an effort to simplify it. Your key purpose is to keep the topic engaging. Every new sentence has to flow coherently into another one. So, it is no less essential to plan the paper’s structure. It will save more time for creative thinking.
Discover the value of concision
Although every written is more readable when it adheres to the rules of concision, briefness leads to a special perk in business writing. It does not entail inconsiderate shortening of the ideas. Details still matter. Your focus should be merely on the essential parts of your essay. You can present all the fundamental ideas mentioned in your written work and avoid some thoughts of secondary importance.
You cannot learn how to write professionally too quickly. If you follow the tips created by writing experts, you will speed up the learning process:
- Avoid reiteration of ideas. Attentively reread the first draft you have produced or the first excerpt. Reading helps to see whether you repeat your thoughts all over again. It implies you are unlikely coherent and logical in your statements. Repetition of ideas aggravates the overall perception of your written work. It means that your audience will be bored soon. In specific instances, you should rephrase some thoughts you mentioned earlier. It is smart to leave the deliberate restatement for the concluding section.
- Avoid multi-layered sentences. The fewer words you use in your sentence, the easier your readers will perceive it. Ambiguous phrases and wordiness negatively influence the engagement of your audience.
- Revise your written piece thoughtfully before making it accessible. It is important to revise your paper before sharing it with others. That is where you should also assess the overall conciseness of your work. Whenever you find repetition or wordiness, delete those sentences or transform them into more meaningful ones.
- Stick to the polite tone. Even if your writing is not formal, your tone still has to be polite. In most cases, you should avoid slang, jargon, and cliches. Only idioms are acceptable when your writing is creative.
Search for writing inspiration
Do not limit yourself to online resources or available textbooks. Your writing capability will greatly improve if you expand the limits of your inspiration. When researching, you can also create live surveys to interrogate random people, even in the streets. It is highly beneficial to attend topic-related lectures and conferences and listen to smart modern podcasts. Apart from school material (if you are a student), it is great to read through some trendy blogs and websites dedicated to your interests. If you find a way to connect with other researchers in the field, you may gain one more benefit. You can do it by joining reputable research networks. If you are resourceful enough, you can start your own blog to highlight the subject matter. Share all the posts you create via your social media so that the engagement rate will be higher.
The reality is that every single person from your potential audience will not immerse in the written work completely. The majority of your readers will speed-read only the two sections of your paper: the introduction and the conclusion. If those parts of your project are compelling, you will keep them engaged. It means they will start anew to read the whole work. Apart from the introduction, some research papers have abstracts. Some readers look through abstracts in the first place. Thus, it is not just a minor summarizing excerpt of your work. A well-written abstract also plays a decisive role because your evaluator will decide if your paper is worth reading at all. So, do your best to edit your Abstract as well. It will be a disaster if your reader sees grammatical or contextual mistakes from the outset. An abstract should reflect an exemplary succinctness because it has an extreme word limit. Afterward, there should be the introductory part. It should contain the background of your context, focusing on the project’s aims, applied methods, and evident results. The concluding part summarizes the overall intention of the work along with your findings, which can be applied to future investigations in the field.
Sources and references
All the sources should be scholarly or author-based. In academic writing, the focus is on scholarly sources, which stem from the original projects by experts in the field. In professional writing, the sources should belong to authors of fiction or non-fiction, as well as to business-related papers (it depends on the field you are involved in). Let us focus on the features of peer-reviewed scholarly sources, which should meet the ensuing criteria:
- The author of the original source carried out unique investigations or made use of specific theories.
- Every scholarly article should be published in a peer-reviewed journal.
- The source should not hide the author’s name. It can also indicate an institutional affiliation the author is connected to.
- The chosen source should contain a particular scholarly or scientific vocabulary.
- The scholarly journal or a book has to be published by a professional association.
Check your grammar via professional tools
Knowing how to write professionally entails using decent grammar-checking tools. It guarantees the enhanced quality of your written work. You should always check your grammar, syntax, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure. A good grammar checker divides all the found errors into logical sections. It also highlights the mistakes, so that you can automatically make necessary corrections. Using grammar-scanning tools greatly facilitates the entire editing process.
The last tip is to read more reputable sources and intellectual literature to keep your writing skills “toned”.