After COVID-19 consumed life, social events, community, and safety, social interaction was one of the primary things to be drastically impacted. The world went from regularly attending in person birthday parties, having game nights at friends’ houses, and grocery shopping to complete isolation and fear of close proximity. Granted, proper measures had to be put in place to keep everyone safe, which is understandable. However, the world learned an important lesson: social interaction is integral for mental health. With the shut downs and quarantines, everyone had to commit to a life of isolation for several years. Reintroducing yourself to life outside of your home felt foreign. Now, as things have begun to change, restaurants opened back up, and social events can continue, there are many things to learn from what happened during the pandemic. Additionally, there are many ways to host in-person events again. Hiring an event host can help you make that transition into socializing a lot more smooth. Let’s take a look at the importance of a robust social life and dig into ways you can have fun at in-person events.
Why are in-person events Important?
As stated before, it was quickly learned how different life is without in-person events to host and look forward to. The world did its best to make virtual meetings and parties enjoyable, but it still wasn’t the same as an in person-event. There are several things to consider when it comes to the importance of in-person events. Let’s take a look at some of the valuable qualities like come with in-person socialization:
- Quality time: quality time is a love language that many people need in order to feel loved. With in-person events, every person who thrives off of quality time benefits.
- Understanding nonverbal cues: when everything is virtual, it can be difficult to read the entirety of what someone is communicating. Nonverbal cues make up a vast majority of the way people communicate.
- Physical contact: at in-person events everyone who benefits from hugs, hand shakes, and pats on the back get them. When it’s always virtual, you miss out on the small ways that humans communicate how they care.
- Shared experiences: in-person events or settings that have an event host allow for an entire crowd of people to share the same moment, in person. When the moment is shared, it makes it more special because you feel like you can bond with others over what transpired.
In-person events are so important, for so many reasons. It’s not too late to take all of these valuable considerations and schedule something with friends and loved ones. Make memories today with the people you care about most. Experience quality time, shared memories, and everything else that makes relationships and life so meaningful.
Mental health and social Interaction
Social interaction has a direct correlation to one’s support for their mental health. As stated before, there are many in-person interactions that happen at social events that improve mental health. For example:
- Receiving a hug from someone can make or break the emotions you are experiencing that day. Sometimes, all you need is a hug to feel loved and cared for.
- Quality time with people who give you life can support you in your mental health battles. It’s common to isolate yourself when your mental health is declining. A great way to promote a positive mental health is by spending time with people who bring you joy.
- We were made for connection. When everything is virtual, we miss out on the vital experience of human connection that we get at social events.
Anxiety and depression are serious mental health diagnoses. While doing everything in person isn’t the only solution, it can certainly be a supplemental support. Consider spending time with a friend and see how it impacts you.
Event ideas and Socialization
When it comes to reintroducing yourself back into social circles, there is no better way to get started than with an event host. An event host can help you:
- Host your event
- Hype up your crowd
- Read the room and create the energy the party needs
- Run the music like a professional DJ
There are so many benefits to hiring an event host. It might be just what you need to set your next social event off on the right foot.
Some great ideas for social interaction:
- A party with a DJ and catered food
- A game night with friends
- Host an outdoor movie night in your backyard
- Celebrate your best friend’s birthday with an awesome party
- Have a cook-off dinner night with your couple friends
All you have to do is get creative. Think of all the ways you and your favorite people can have some fun.
Get active and social Today
Above everything else, just remember all the memories you get to make when you have a social event or in-person event. The fun ideas never end, there’s event hosts to help you out with the vibe, and there’s so many people that get to benefit.