Elf Bar BC5000 Not Working? Here’s What to Do
With many thousands of units sold around the world every day, it’s safe to say that the Elf Bar BC5000 is the most popular disposable vape in the world right now – and with so many units on the market, there is a chance – albeit remote – that you might occasionally get a dud. Most Elf Bars work perfectly from start to finish – but if you happen to have a rare Elf Bar BC5000 that doesn’t work correctly, this is the article for you. In it, we’re going to walk you through the different problems that you might experience – from an Elf Bar BC5000 that isn’t hitting to one that isn’t charging – and describe the steps that you can take to fix the issue. Let’s dive right in.
Elf Bar BC5000 Not Charging
The most common problem reported by Elf Bar BC5000 owners is that the device sometimes doesn’t charge. When you connect a USB power source to the Elf Bar BC5000, a light on the bottom of the device should illuminate. If the light doesn’t turn on – and the battery isn’t fully charged already – here are some tips that can help you fix the issue.
- Check the charging port on the bottom of the device for debris like dust and pocket lint. If necessary, you can use a toothpick to get inside the charging port and remove contaminants. Check the charging cable for debris as well. Try charging the device again after cleaning the cable and charging port.
- Charge the Elf Bar BC5000 only by connecting the device to your computer. Since the BC5000 uses a USB-C port for charging, you might be tempted to connect the device to the same wall charger that you use for your computer or mobile phone. However, you shouldn’t use a “fast charging” wall adapter to charge any vaping device because doing so could cause the battery to overheat.
- Try a different USB-C cable. If you’re using a cable that has internal damage or isn’t rated for power delivery, your Elf Bar BC5000 may not charge when you connect it to your computer. USB cables tend to be quite fragile and will often develop structural issues with constant use. If you use another cable, your Elf Bar may start charging.
- If you’ve tried all of the above steps and your Elf Bar BC5000 still isn’t charging, it could be that the device itself is faulty or counterfeit. You can always check the authenticity of an Elf Bar by going to the official Elf Bar website and entering the authenticity code on the package. Fake Elf Bars are unfortunately very common; over a million of them have been seized in China in 2022 alone. To ensure that you’ll always get an authentic device, you should only buy Elf Bars from vape shops. Avoid buying them from gas stations and convenience stores.
Elf Bar BC5000 Not Hitting
If nothing happens when you puff on an Elf Bar BC5000, it means that the device isn’t hitting. If you’re using a brand-new Elf Bar, check the circular airflow vent at the bottom of the device for a sticker. The sticker is there to keep the e-liquid fresh and prevent the Elf Bar from auto-firing in the package. You’ll need to remove the sticker before you can use the device.
If you’ve already removed the sticker from your Elf Bar BC5000 and are still unable to vape, make sure that the battery is fully charged – and if the Elf Bar BC5000 isn’t charging, troubleshoot that problem by referring to the section above.
If you have a new Elf Bar BC5000 that has never worked, it’s possible that you’ve actually received a rare device with a manufacturing defect. In that case, you should return the device to the point of sale.
Elf Bar BC5000 Tastes Burnt
Elf Bar flavors are renowned for being some of the absolute best that the world of vaping has to offer. In other words, you should never have to worry about a burnt flavor when using the Elf Bar BC5000. If your device does taste burnt, make sure that you’re waiting a few seconds after every puff. If you chain vape, the wick could dry out. That’ll result in a harsh flavor. If you’ve been using your Elf Bar BC5000 for a while, a burnt flavor could also mean that the device is out of e-liquid. Although it delivers up to 5,000 puffs, you may get fewer puffs than that if you tend to take very long, deep puffs when vaping.
Elf Bar BC5000 Leaking
Is e-liquid leaking into your mouth when you use the Elf Bar BC5000? If that happens, you’re probably puffing too hard. When you vape, you shouldn’t use the same level of air pressure that you’d use when smoking a cigarette. Instead, puff very gently and wait for the vapor to begin entering your mouth. When your device starts producing vapor, that’s as hard as you should puff. If you want to get bigger vapor clouds, take longer and slower puffs. Don’t forget, though, that taking longer puffs will reduce the total number of puffs that you’ll get out of the Elf Bar BC5000 before it runs out of e-liquid.
Elf Bar BC5000 Weak Hits
If you puff on your Elf Bar BC5000 and find that the vapor isn’t quite intense enough for you – either the throat hit isn’t strong enough, or you’re not getting enough flavor – than you’re getting weak hits. Here are some tips that can help you fix weak hits with an Elf Bar BC5000.
- Make sure that the battery is fully charged. As the battery’s charge level decreases, the device will start to produce cooler, smaller vapor clouds.
- Make sure that you aren’t blocking the airflow hole at the bottom of the device with your hand. If you restrict the airflow, you’ll get smaller clouds.
- Try a different flavor. A flavor that doesn’t include menthol for coolness will tend to give you a stronger throat hit.