Any ecommerce website should perform the same function as a regular store – to grab the customer’s attention from the first second, that is, at first glance. It is the appearance that is the first evaluation criterion for the user. An attractive showcase is able to keep the customer’s attention. Immediately after the general design, the user will switch to products. The choice of a potential buyer depends on how well the shelf with goods is organized.
If the product can arouse interest, encourage its study, and then purchase, we can talk about the high-quality organization of the site. If the site looks too boring and has a cluttered shelf with goods, then most likely this will alienate the client and cause him negative associations.
An ecommerce website is very different from a traditional web site. What exactly says about these differences? Such points as are taken into account:
- SSL configuration;
- site structure;
- payment methods;
- basket organization;
- functions and capabilities for the client;
- technical support;
- availability of photo and video materials;
- page loading speed.
The last criterion is especially important in ecommerce development, since a user comes to these Internet sites in search of a product or service that he needs that can solve his problem and it is important that this happens as quickly as possible.
Why is it necessary to develop an existing website?
The development of ecommerce sites includes a huge number of processes – design, structure building, programming, database management and content uploading. This all helps to achieve perfection. If the site is not ideal, there are some shortcomings and flaws in it, then it’s time to improve it. This is exactly the opportunity to increase income, acquire new customers, and become competitive in your niche.
To do everything right, you need to contact the professionals – in the eCommerce Marketplace Development Company. Qualified specialists will tell and carry out all the stages of ecommerce development, namely:
- Competent choice of platform. It is the core of business. In order not to go wrong with the solution, you should choose proven platforms like BigCommerce, Shopify and Magento. They can handle whatever volumes the business expects in the future. Also, the choice of a reliable platform is worth considering for those who are planning to create a multi-channel business. After this issue is resolved, it is necessary to proceed to the selection of a topic. In choosing it, you need to focus on high loading speed, visual aesthetics, simple and convenient customization for the brand and quick response to requests.
- Website performance and SEO optimization. In order for a page to consistently rank high, you need to use search engine marketing and the right SEO.
- Responsive website design. You need to customize every web page for mobile devices, as well as any other modern devices that people use all around the world.
- Caring for the security of the site and customer data. User’s trust is very important to any business. If the client trusts the brand and its product, and also makes sure that his personal data is protected, he will stay with the brand for a long time.
- Organization of convenient site navigation. It is important to give the user a tool to find the products he needs in order to take care of his personal time.
- Fill descriptions and images for each product. It is important to visualize the proposal using photo and video materials. Moreover, it is more correct to select images of a widescreen type.
- Simplify the scheme of purchasing goods to a minimum. This will help not only customers to make purchases, but also managers in the end to process such “quick” orders.
It is important to do everything so that it is convenient, easy and profitable for the client to spend money.