If you need to convert MOV to MP3 for whatever reason, here are various converters you may use. However, before utilizing any of these tools, it is suggested that you first learn about MOV files. As a result, you will have a better understanding of how various converters convert MOV files. In addition, if you need to extract audio from MPEG files, we have solutions in our prior tutorial.
– “How can I convert audio from a.MOV (QuickTime) file to an MP3/WAV file?” “Can anyone recommend a good free MOV to an MP3 converter?”
“How can I convert MOV to MP3 without re-encoding?”
Are you struggling with the same issue – how to convert MOV to MP3? To assist users in resolving this issue, this post provides the top 8 best MOV to MP3 converter tools and describes the conversion process. MiniTool Movie Maker, produced by MiniTool, may help you address MOV file incompatibility issues or extract audio from MOV format movies.
Continue reading this article to get to know about MOV and MP3 files and different conversion tools for converting MOV to MP3 format. There are plenty of reasons people use an MP3 format oftenly compared to MOV file format. However, the primary reason is that MOV is basically an Apples application but also supported by both Mac and Windows operating systems.
MOV vs MP3
What Exactly Is a MOV File?
MOV is a file extension for Apple’s Quicktime application that allows it to operate with various media files. It was released by Apple in 1998. This format is supported by both Windows and Mac operating systems. On a PC, such files may be opened with Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, or Cyberlink PowerDirector. On a Mac, you can use VLC Media Player to open MOV files, or you may use QuickTime Player to open them.
MOV is a widely used multimedia container file type. In a single file, it can contain video, audio, text, picture, subtitles, and other media kinds. This format’s compression technique was created by Apple, although it is suitable with both Mac and Windows platforms.
MOV files can be played by Apple’s iTunes and QuickTime apps, as well as Windows Media Player and VLC.
In some cases, you may need to use converters to convert MOV to other formats such as MP3 and play them with various media players, devices, or operating systems. Here is a list of such converters that you may use to convert MOV to MP3.
MP3 is an abbreviation for MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3. It was developed in 1993 and quickly became the most common audio format in the world for music files, since practically all digital devices with audio playback can read and play MP3 files.
MP3 is a format for compressing a sound sequence into a compact file while maintaining the original sound quality during playback.
Why Should You Convert MOV to MP3?
To extract audio, classic dialogue, and background music from MOV format videos for use in making ringtones or language listening exercises.
The MOV format is not supported by all media players, devices, online file storage services, and websites. The best approach is to convert the MOV file to a supported format.
The Best 8 MOV to MP3 Converters
How can I convert a MOV file to an MP3 file? More and more free video converter apps are appearing these days, claiming to be able to convert a plethora of formats with sophisticated capabilities. However, most of them have limitations such as time-consuming, file size limits, quality loss, or converted files with watermark. So, in this case, I’d like to offer a nearly ideal tool – MiniTool Movie Maker – that will never fail you down.
Movie Maker MiniTool
MiniTool Movie Maker is a free MOV to MP3 converter created by MiniTool.
It accepts the following file formats for input: video (MKV, RMVB, 3GP, MOV, FLV, MP4, MPG, VOB, WMV), photo (JPG, JPEG, BMP, ICO, PNG, GIF), and audio (WAV) (WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4R).
For novices, this free converter is quite simple to use. You also don’t have to be concerned about video quality because the tool enables lossless quality conversion at super-fast speeds.
- There are no advertisements or associated applications.
- Registration is not required.
- A straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- Several input and output formats are supported.
- Allows you to make changes to the MOV file before converting it.
- There is no limit on the size of the converted files.
- Conversions at high speeds.
- There is no restriction to the number of conversions or downloads.
- The converted files have no watermark.
- Only works with Windows 10/8/7.
HandBrake is a multi-platform app that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Any multimedia files on the PC, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc that do not have copy protection can be uploaded to this software and converted. High-quality conversion, batch scanning, encode queueing, video filters for file editing, live static and video preview, chapter markers, and other functions are also available.
- Convert a wide range of formats.
- It is possible to use it to rip DVDs.
- The code is open source and available for free download.
- Provide sophisticated controls such as width, height, codec, framerate, and so forth.
- Advanced settings are difficult to grasp.
- Provide a rather complex graphical user interface.
Convertio is a free online conversion tool noted for its high-quality conversion and extensive output format support. Your MOV file can be converted to a range of audio and picture formats in addition to video types. Online, local, and cloud storage files can all be added to the software for conversion. A maximum of two files may be processed at once, and the converted file can be saved to your PC, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Select files from your PC, Dropbox, Google Drive, or a URL.
- Almost all operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, are supported.
- More than 2500 distinct conversions are supported.
- Maximum file size of 100 MB or sign up.
Video Converter for Free
Freemake Video Converter is a free MOV video converter that has no hidden prices or limitations. It is a competent substitute for paid products. This programme allows you to import a variety of video and audio formats and convert them to any other supported format. It also supports basic video editing features such as cutting, adding subtitles, and others. This tool offers a one-of-a-kind and outstanding user experience.
- The fact that no professional expertise is necessary is a plus.
- Many file types are supported.
- Merging audio and video files is supported.
- After three days, some functions must be activated via a Web Pack.
- It hasn’t been updated since 2017.
Cloudconvert is a fantastic online file converter that can convert between over 200 different formats. Using this online file converter, you can simply convert movies to MP3 format. In general, the default MP3 file encoding level is around 250 kbps VBR. You can alter the bit rate to 320 kbps. Trimming, audio bitrate, channel, frequency, and normalising are also available as advanced options.
- Beginners will like the simple operation interface.
- Maximum of five concurrent conversions.
- Free 25-minute conversion each day.
- Maximum file size is 1GB.
Convert.Files is a free online converter that allows you to turn mov into mp3 on Mac and Windows without installing any software on your computer. It is very simple to use and supports a large range of conversion formats. To convert MOV to MP3, simply upload the MOV file, select MP3 as the output format, and convert it. The conversion will be completed in a few seconds, and you will be provided with a download link for the converted MP3 file.
- Conversions to a broad variety of formats are supported.
- Almost all browsers and gadgets are supported.
- When converting files, too many advertisements appear.
Online-Converter is a standard type of online converter with nothing unusual, therefore we won’t go into depth about it. It, too, supports several forms of file conversion and allows you to upload files using a URL or from local storage space, Dropbox, and Google Drive. There is nothing to argue with because it is a basic tool. If we had to choose a flaw, it has to be the advertisements.
EaseUS MobiMover – All in One MOV to MP3 Converter
Our first suggestion for a MOV to MP3 converter is EaseUS MobiMover. EaseUS MobiMover, a free iPhone data transfer programme and MOV to MP3 converter, can extract audio from various video formats such as MP4, M4V, MKV, AVI, WMV, F4V, F4P, MOV, VOB, QT, MPG, MPEG, M1V, MPV, 3GP, 3G2, RMVB, and more. It is also feasible to convert MOV to MP4 with this application.
Overall, EaseUS MobiMover is a complete converter with a wide range of functionality and a rapid conversion speed.
After reading about the top mov to mp3 converter, you might be wondering why MiniTool Movie Maker is ranked first. Yes, MiniTool Movie Maker is a desktop application, which means it must be downloaded and installed.
However, its shortcomings are offset by some distinct advantages, including the absence of advertisements, viruses, limitations, and fees. Furthermore, even as a Beta version, it offers so many great features that you can’t dismiss its potential.
Converting MOV to MP3
We’ll use MiniTool Movie Maker (the most popular converter) as an example to show you how to convert MOV to MP3. It’s really simple if you follow the steps below.
- Download and install this efficient MOV to MP3 converter for free, and then run it on your computer.
- Either close the movie templates window or select Full-Feature Mode to return to the main interface.
- Select Import Media Files to add the MOV file to the software.
- Click Add to add the MOV file to the timeline, or drag & drop it there.
- You may now modify the video whatever you like. You may, for example, change the contrast, saturation, and brightness, as well as the 3D LUT, to conduct colour correction.
- When you’re through editing, click the Export button in the top toolbar to bring up the export window.
- Select MP3 from the Format drop-down selection. Of course, you can give this MP3 file a name, choose the store location, or simply leave it in the default folder because it is easy to discover, and choose an appropriate resolution. Then, once more, press the Export button.
The conversion process MOV to MP3 then begins. Please be patient while the conversion takes place. Following that, you may inspect and play the converted MP3 file.
Actually, MiniTool Movie Maker allows you to convert not only MOV to MP3, but also FLV to MP3, MOV to MP4, and so on. In addition to converting video formats, this free video converter offers a slew of additional useful functions to its customers.
- Provide a variety of templates to make it easy to build a great video.
- Support for combining videos into a single file.
- Provide a straightforward and user-friendly timetable.
- Many common transitions and effects are supported.
- Text (titles, captions, and credits) should be added to the video.
- Allows for video colour adjustment.
- Audio fade in and fade out are supported.
- Video may be exported in a variety of typical online video formats.
- Change the video resolution to reduce the size of the video file.
You may download 8 MOV to MP3 converter tools from this tutorial. You may convert your MOV files to MP3 with any of them. However, if you want to batch convert huge films, installing conversion software on your computer is preferable because it is faster and more stable. You may now select your preferred tool to begin converting.
Hope this guide helps you learn how to convert MOV file to an MP3 format using different MOV to MP3 Converters. Use these top 8 tools according to your preferences as their benefits and drawbacks are described in the article to get a proper view of the different converters and their working criteria.