Schools in Winnipeg – education information
Winnipeg is a city in the province of Manitoba, Canada. The city is located in the south of Manitoba. Winnipeg is the capital of the province of Manitoba, which is one of three Prairie provinces in Canada.
Winnipeg, a Canadian city, is an international economic and cultural center for tourists and international students who are looking for a unique and active city. The city is home to more than 100 nationalities and at the same time a social center that tries to unite all these peoples.
The City Forest – the largest forest in the country is breathtaking, and is also a tourist center for visitors who can’t get enough of Winnipeg. If you are planning to get a degree in Canada, then this is the best option where you will find unique universities, friends and colleagues from all over the world.
Read about microsoft dumps
The advantage of studying in international private schools in Winnipeg
- The certificate of full secondary education of any private school in Winnipeg is highly regarded among the leading and ranked universities in the USA, Great Britain and many other countries.
- The cost of studying in private educational institutions with a comparable level of quality of education and the offered living and learning conditions is slightly lower than in the same UK or USA, as well as in some other countries.
- Canada has a relatively loyal policy towards immigrants from other countries of the world. This policy provides an opportunity for foreign students to obtain citizenship, work and move to Canada for permanent residence, and the steady pace of economic growth will allow them to find a job and achieve success.
- The educational sector of Canada receives huge subsidies and investments from the state, so there are all opportunities to use the latest achievements of human thought, modern computers, infrastructure elements, teaching methods and educational programs.
- Canada has both a pleasant and comfortable climate and a friendly atmosphere towards foreign citizens.
- School education in Winnipeg is not only and not so much academic education as the development of skills and talents of each student, the search for the area that is interesting to every student.
- The teaching staff pays a lot of attention to these aspects, using an individual approach, that is, giving each of their students as much time as they need to understand a particular material, achieve a new level of knowledge.
- The Canadian education system pays a lot of attention to the sports development of students, for which many schools are building their own stadiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, as well as indoor ice rinks for hockey.
The studying process in the best private schools in Winnipeg
School education in Winnipeg includes primary and secondary levels. Primary education has a structure that is similar to the American one: children study for five years before reaching the age of 15. Primary education in schools is free for Canadians, in addition, it is mandatory. At the same time, in accordance with the specifics of the country, it is conducted in English and French. Additional language courses are organized for foreign students. In primary school, both girls and boys study together.
Secondary education includes three stages and lasts for 11-12 years. The academic year, as a rule, begins in Canada in September, ends in May-June. In private schools in Winnipeg, the students are mainly engaged in disciplines that they choose independently based on the specialization in higher education institutions that they would like to receive in the future (therefore, it is important to at least approximately understand what the child wants to do in the future). In addition, private schools in Winnipeg have opportunities for in-depth study of some specialized disciplines, which are combined into a program called the “Advanced Placement program”. In the case of passing this complicated educational program, students in the future will be able to gain a certain advantage during admission to most higher education institutions in Canada, the UK, the USA and other countries. This program includes the development of the heads of the best schools in the USA and Canada since the middle of the last century in more than thirty disciplines that are taught in depth – as it happens in the first year of universities.
TOP private schools in Winnipeg offer students virtually limitless opportunities for physical and creative development. Many schools have their own sports centers, complexes equipped according to the highest international standards, and creative circles will allow students to realize themselves in various fields of art.
Private schools in Winnipeg fees for foreign students
When choosing an educational institution, the following important factors should be taken into account:
- The degree of prestige of the school in Canada;
- Available ways to accommodate students during their studies;
- Catering for students (in most cases, full board is offered – meals three times a day);
- The need to pay a registration fee to apply for admission (the amount of this fee varies in different schools);
- The cost of the necessary textbooks and school uniforms;
- A list of activities included in the extracurricular cultural program, etc.
In general, the cost of school education in private schools in Winnipeg can range from 12,000 CAD to 70,000 CAD per academic year. In addition to this amount, the international students must additionally pay the cost of accommodation – about 11,000 CAD per academic year.