A new “Money Map” tool has been released online to help Scots save hundreds of pounds a year in taxes and other expenses.
Launched by Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS) and supported by the Scottish Government, we hope this tool will help provide immediate support and tips to those financially hit by the coronavirus pandemic. I’m out.
tool Is free and anonymous, and CAS describes it as a “one-stop shop” for financial support options. The center is helping clients save an average of £ 380 in last year’s Council Tax payments.
It is also expected that this tool will help minimize the stress of finding support through search engine browsing by bringing all the information and support together in one place.
Myles Fitt, Head of Finance and Health at Citizens Advice Scotland, Money map tool At the moment you can help maximize your cash:
• Make sure you aren’t overpaying your invoices – An easy way to reduce your monthly withdrawals is to perform a simple price comparison of your invoices, such as energy payments. The Money Map tool takes users to websites that help them find what they can save by switching providers.
• Set a budget – this can be done monthly, weekly, or biweekly, depending on your needs. Budgets can help you get a real picture of your money and plan for the future. Money Map shows resources to help you set your budget. This will help you find what you need and where you can save if possible.
• Make sure you are using the correct tax code – Check your current tax code to make sure you are not making large payments in relation to your current financial situation. For example, if you have a small income, you have the right to apply another tax law and you need to pay less tax. Money Map shows you how to check your tax code and tax reduction eligibility.
• Access to all eligible grants – grants allow families, students and individuals to increase their income and reduce the cost of daily payments such as fuel payments and transportation costs. Money Map shows the correct direction to access these.
• Find out which council tax you should pay – You can save money on paying this invoice by checking if you are exempt from council tax or are eligible to pay less. The Money Map Tool will point you in the direction of eligibility. Last year, support from CAB services helped clients save an average of £ 380 in council tax payments.
• Ensuring Qualified Benefits – Money Map tools guide users to the appropriate online benefit checker and provide all qualified support to help meet specific needs such as housing, childcare, and disability. Make sure that you are receiving. And sick payment.
• Get the most out of your money map tools – it’s there to help you. By using the bespoke list feature, users can save the support options that are most useful to them so that they can make the most of their money as much as possible.
You may be surprised at how much money you can receive, even if you are hired
Access accurate and up-to-date information from trusted sources, from council tax assistance to financial grant options
— Citizen Advice Scotland (@CitAdviceScot) March 5, 2021
Community Secretary Irene Campbell said: “COVID-19 affects the incomes of many people, and we know that financial uncertainty is a source of concern for many.
“This money map tool provides information and support, helps people identify which benefits are available and provide support.
“The Scottish Government has invested £ 330,000 to help promote this online support service that directs people to specific sites that help strengthen their financial position.
“A free, easy-to-use anonymous website keeps all the information in one place and helps you increase your income from sources such as grants and savings tips.
“Anyone who is worried about money issues is encouraged to use this service.”
Derek Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer of Citizens Advice Scotland, said: Activate the relevant help.
“This tool is available to anyone looking to increase their income or reduce their living expenses. Whether it’s through access to grants or perks, or by low billing, we Money Maps can orient people in the right direction. ”
Full information and access to the tool can be found here.
The new online ‘Money Map’ tool that could help save Scots hundreds in tax payments Source link The new online ‘Money Map’ tool that could help save Scots hundreds in tax payments