It happened on 4th Avenue and Market Street in the middle of downtown.
Sources have told ABC7 newscaster Dion Lim that the victim is an Asian woman.
The crime scene focuses on the westbound market bus stop.
Sources told ABC7News that one of the women was bleeding badly and the other still had a knife in her arm.
Police confirmed that the suspect had been arrested around 7 pm. His identity has not yet been disclosed, but police say he has been booked and prosecution is pending.
At this time, the SFPD states that there is no evidence that this was a hate crime, but it does not rule out it.
The suspect was arrested on Eddie Street at 7 pm after being stabbed by two Asian women waiting for a bus on Market Street today. The San Francisco Police Department says it has not found evidence of hate crimes, but has not ruled out it. pic.twitter.com/LwZnKf7aBf
— Kate Larsen (@ KateABC7) May 5, 2021
For the latest details on this developing story, check out ABC7 News.
Related articles and videos:
- Bay Area Asian Americans Share a Memory of Strong and Painful Hatred
- Explains a debilitating sci-fi attack by an 83-year-old Asian man and “warns people to be careful”
- “Return to China”: Racist rant receives identification as daughter of Senator New York
- Asian-American victims are considering moving out of state after a brutal attack in San Francisco
- Exclusive: A 75-year-old Asian man warned about an increase in attacks a few days before the murder in Auckland
- Daniel Dae Kim, Congressman testifying about discrimination and violence against Asian Americans
- Asian grandma unknowingly knocked in a provocative attack in New York
- The family resented SFDA’s explanation of the alleged murder of an 84-year-old Asian man
- According to the group, about 3,800 anti-Asian hatred cases have been reported across the United States since March 2020.
- “This is horrifying”: SFPD to step up patrols in a series of violent attacks on Asian Americans
- Daniel Wu and W. Kamau Bell discuss shocking crimes against Asian Americans
- Santa Cruz Warriors protect Jeremy Lin from commenting on racial slurs directed at him
- The #StandForAsians Rally attracts hundreds of people in San Mateo with 7th grade taking the lead
- Actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Wu discuss violent crimes against Asian Americans in the Bay Area
- Police investigate after an Asian man returns to Chinatown in New York and is stabbed
- Burmese superstars will be rewarded with $ 5,000 as ABC7 receives reports of additional attacks on Asian Americans
- Exclusive: Former Bay Area gang member arrested after threatening to kill Asians online
- “On alert”: Volunteers equip Auckland Chinatown business owners with safety air horns
- Olivia Munn arrested for assaulting a Chinese woman in New York after seeking public help
- Hundreds of people volunteer to escort older Asian Americans to help keep them safe
- The surge in racial discrimination against Asian Americans spurs the call for change
- Auckland police chief visits Chinatown store to emphasize the need for a “greater presence” after attacks and crimes
Copyright © 2021 KGO-TV. all rights reserved.
Stabbing suspect arrested after 2 Asian women attacked on Market Street in San Francisco Source link Stabbing suspect arrested after 2 Asian women attacked on Market Street in San Francisco