California

Newsom signs law extending eviction protections

Sacramento, California (AP) —Governor of California Gavin Newsom has signed a law extending eviction protection until the end of June.

Newsom signed the law on Friday, the day after it was approved by the state legislature.

Last year, Newsom signed a law banning the eviction of unpaid rent for tenants who paid at least 25% of the rent payable after September 1.

A law signed by Newsome on Friday will extend these protections until June 30th.

The law also uses federal stimulus dollars to repay 80% of the unpaid rent of some tenants only if the landlord agrees to allow the remaining 20%.

Newsom signs law extending eviction protections Source link Newsom signs law extending eviction protections

Related Articles

Back to top button