Local

Marin County Woman Liberates Baby Fox From Peanut Butter Jar Stuck On Head

It’s both a lesson in catching and saving wildlife and a lesson in not recycling your peanut butter jars!

Mill Valley resident Jenny Adleman noticed that one of the cubs of a new family of foxes that had settled under her deck got stuck in a peanut butter jar. The glass completely covered the baby fox’s head, and Adleman knew it would probably be a matter of days before the fox died of dehydration or starvation – although the fox still romped around with its siblings and was able to get around because it could see through the plastic can.

Laughing Squid picked up the storyand Adleman had been documenting the litter of foxes and the mother for a few weeks her Instagram accounteven videotaped the mother breastfeeding the cubs.

“The fox den is under my patio so the cubs hang out and play on the patio every day,” Adleman wrote. “I try not to fall in love too much because I know they will inevitably leave the nest.”

But then she saw the one cub stick his head in the jar and days of back and forth ensued with Marin Humane coming to her house once but the fox cub was gone that day. Experts said the mother would probably get the jar off the baby’s head, but days went by and the little chap was still stuck – so Adleman got a borrowed fishing net, was finally able to catch the sly fox, pulled off the jar and got him fed and hydrated before being discharged a few hours later. His favorite food: chicken livers.

The scroll below sums up the story, but the whole saga may be can be found here as an archived story.

h/d: Laughing Squid

Marin County Woman Liberates Baby Fox From Peanut Butter Jar Stuck On Head Source link Marin County Woman Liberates Baby Fox From Peanut Butter Jar Stuck On Head

Related Articles

Back to top button