Local

Man Accused Of Strangling ‘I-5 Strangler’ Won’t Face Death – CBS Sacramento

Sacramento, CA (AP / CBS13) —A man accused of strangling California serial killer Roger Kibbe, known as the “I-5 Strangler,” will not face the death penalty, prosecutors said Wednesday. ..

Todd Ribe, a lawyer in the Amador County district, has filed a first-class murder charge against Jason Badrow and said he would seek life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, Sacramento Bee reported.

read more: Stockton police search for pouch pirates who stole a $ 1,500 package of school supplies

Budlow, 40, was accused of strangling Kibe, whose body was found in a shared cell at Mir Creek State Prison, southeast of Sacramento, on February 28.

Kibe victim Family told CBS13 Deserve his death.

“I have no sympathy for him,” said Karl Burleigh, whose sister Lou Ellen Burleigh was known as the victim of Kibe’s first murder in 1977.

Budlow has been sentenced to life imprisonment without parole for strangling his then-girlfriend in Riverside County in 2011.

The death penalty is a costly and time-consuming case that includes automatic appeal. California hasn’t executed anyone since 2006, and Governor Gavin Newsom issued a moratorium on the death penalty during his tenure.

Kibe, 81, was first convicted in 1991 for strangling 17-year-old Darsin Frackenpoel, who fled his Seattle home. Her almost naked body was found west of South Lake Tahoe under the Echo Summit in September 1987.

read more: Baseball fans excited to return to the match at Sutter Health Park

Investigators later said they suspected him of other similar killings.

However, it wasn’t until 2009 that investigators at the San Joaquin County Regional Law Office used a new development of DNA evidence to link him to an additional killing in Northern California County.

Kibbe pleaded guilty to the killings of six more people in exchange for a prosecutor who did not seek the death penalty.

The victims were Lou Ellen Burleigh (21 years old) and Stephanie Brown (19 years old) in 1977. Lora Heedrick, 20 years old. Katherine Kelly Kinones, 25; Charmaine Sabrah, 26; Barbara Ann Scott, 29, all 1986.

When Kibe was killed, he served multiple life terms without the possibility of parole.

In a letter to Mercury News last month, Budlow said he killed Kibe the same day they became selmate.

Other news: A man allegedly attacked a boy in the land park area, 8 years old, re-arrested

“What started as my original minimal plan to do a simple murder of Cellmate to gain my single-cell status was that youngest girl and all the other victims of Roger Kibbe. Has evolved into a mission to take revenge, “he wrote.

Man Accused Of Strangling ‘I-5 Strangler’ Won’t Face Death – CBS Sacramento Source link Man Accused Of Strangling ‘I-5 Strangler’ Won’t Face Death – CBS Sacramento

Related Articles

Back to top button