A giant Mega Millions jackpot soared to $1.02 billion after no one matched six numbers Tuesday night and won the top prize.
The new estimated jackpot for Friday’s drawing will be the nation’s fourth-largest lottery prize.
The $1.02 billion prize is for winners who choose the annuity option, which is paid annually over 30 years. Most winners go for the cash option, which for Friday night’s upcoming drawing is estimated at $602.5 million.
Read this if you win:If you win the $1 billion Mega Millions jackpot, here’s what you need to know
According to megamillions.com, the Mega Millions website was down for more than two hours Tuesday night with unprecedented traffic after the drawing, more than any other in the history of megamillions.com.
Mega Millions Winning Numbers
The winning numbers for Tuesday night’s draw were 7, 29, 60, 63, 66 and the Mega Ball was 15. The Megaplier was 3X.
Did anyone win Mega Millions last night?
No ticket matched all six numbers to win the Mega Millions jackpot. Eight tickets matched all five numbers, except for the $1 million Mega Ball. New Jersey and New York had two winners each, while the remaining winning tickets were sold in California, Florida, Illinois and Ohio.
A ticket purchased in Ohio matched all five numbers except the Mega Ball and added the Megaplier worth $3 million.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302.5 million.
When is the next Mega Millions drawing?
The Mega Millions jackpot for Friday’s drawing will grow to about $1.02 billion with a cash option of $602.5 million, according to megamillions.com.
Drawings are held twice weekly at approximately 11:00 PM ET every Tuesday and Friday.
How to play Mega Millions
Here’s how to play Mega Millions:
The latest Mega Millions jackpot winner
Here is the list of 2022 Mega Millions jackpot prizes, according to megamillions.com:
- $426 million – January 28; Southern California.
- $128 million – March 8; new york
- $110 million – April 12; Minnesota.
- $20 million – April 15; Tennessee.
Which states have the most jackpot winners?
Time for a road trip to lottery nirvana? Probably not.
Since 2016, players have won 40 Mega Millions prizes, with a few lucky ones spread across 22 states. And not surprisingly, there were more winners in states with larger populations, and therefore more players.
California takes the prize for the most Mega Millions prize winners during that period, with six lucky players. He is followed by five winners in New York, four in New Jersey and three in Illinois.
In particular, population heavyweights Texas and Florida have had few Mega Millions winners since 2016. Texas had two and Florida had one.
Do your chances of winning increase or decrease as the jackpot grows?
Your odds of winning the jackpot always remain one in 302.5 million, regardless of whether the jackpot is $20 million or the current $1.02 billion. You increase your odds of winning if you buy more tickets, but before you put $100 into the Quicky Mart for 50 tries, keep in mind that in the grand scheme of things, 50 chances out of 302.5 million isn’t much better than one. Also note that the $1.02 billion amount is for the annuity option, paid annually for 29 years. The cash option would pay $602.5 million.
Top 10 Mega Millions Lottery Prizes
Here are the top 10 Mega Millions jackpots of all time, according to megamillions.com:
- $1.537 billion – October 23, 2018; South Carolina
- $1.05 billion – January 22, 2021; Michigan
- $1.02 billion – July 26, 2022; To be determined.
- $656 million – March 30, 2012; Kansas, Illinois, Maryland.
- $648 million – December 17, 2013; California, Georgia.
- $543 million – July 24, 2018; California.
- $536 million – July 8, 2016; Indiana.
- $533 million – March 30, 2018; New sweater
- $522 million – June 7, 2019; California.
- $516 million – May 21, 2021; pennsylvania
Top 10 US Lottery Jackpots
Here are the top 10 Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots of all time in the country, according to powerball.com:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball — January 13, 2016; California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions – October 23, 2018; South Carolina
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions – January 22, 2021; Michigan
- $1.02 billion Mega Millions – July 26, 2022; To be determined.
- $768.4 million, Powerball — March 27, 2019; Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million, Powerball – August 23, 2017; Massachusetts.
- $731.1 million, Powerball — January 20, 2021; Maryland.
- $699.8 million, Powerball – October 4, 2021; California.
- $687.8 million, Powerball – October 27, 2018; Iowa, New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions – March 30, 2012; Kansas, Illinois, Maryland.
The Louisville Courier Journal and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Lottery results for $830M jackpot Source link Lottery results for $830M jackpot