Local

Lake Tahoe toxic algae harmful to pets

A word of caution for dog owners visiting Lake Tahoe: Beware of toxic algae that can make your pet sick. The U.S. Forest Service issued the warning after tests confirmed that algae were present at Kiva Beach and Taylor Creek on the south coast of Tahoe. A forestry official says they received a report of a dog getting sick. Signs are posted in both locations warning dog owners not to let their pets drink water. Toxic algae are said to grow in shallow pools and water that moves more slowly.

A word of caution for dog owners visiting Lake Tahoe: Beware of toxic algae that can make your pet sick.

The U.S. Forest Service issued the warning after tests confirmed that algae were present at Kiva Beach and Taylor Creek on the south coast of Tahoe.

A forestry official says they received a report of a dog getting sick.

Signs are posted in both locations warning dog owners not to let their pets drink water. Toxic algae are said to grow in shallow pools and water that moves more slowly.

Lake Tahoe toxic algae harmful to pets Source link Lake Tahoe toxic algae harmful to pets

Related Articles

Back to top button