Health

LA County discovers 806 additional deaths missing in first record of winter surge – Daily News

Health officials in Los Angeles County said on Wednesday, February 24, that they had found an additional 806 deaths that had not yet been explained after looking back at the death records after the recent surge.

Officials said the previously overlooked deaths were due to the large number of deaths that occurred in December and January as a result of the surge in infection. Over the last two months, a coronavirus outbreak in Los Angeles County has killed more than 7,000 people. Currently, a total of more than 20,000 people have died.

The missing death record was discovered by public health officials after looking back at the death certificate during the normal review process, according to Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer, who revealed the findings at a press conference on Wednesday. It was.

“This was a time of high deaths throughout the county, not all were reported to public health,” Feller said. “Our system relies on daily reports and also uses important records in examining the causes of death. Next, we link those reported cases to the death report form. Death reports were often delayed due to the death reports of. “

LA County discovers 806 additional deaths missing in first record of winter surge – Daily News Source link LA County discovers 806 additional deaths missing in first record of winter surge – Daily News

Related Articles

Back to top button