Direct voting for the Governor of California’s Recall election began at 8 am on Saturday at 221 locations around San Diego County, with early voting added on Sundays and Mondays before the election day.
All locations throughout the county, and Voter registration agency Kearney Mesa’s office is open from 8 am to 5 pm until Tuesday.
On election days, polling stations and voter registrar hours will change from 7 am to 8 pm.
In this election, voters are not assigned to a single voting location, but can access and vote in any of the county voting locations.
All face-to-face voters in this election use ballot marking equipment. Voters use the touch screen to make selections. When finished, voters will print the official ballot of the paper of their choice. Voters can check the ballot, put it in the ballot box, and count on the registrar’s election night. This device does not store, aggregate, or count votes.
The ballot marking device is fully compliant with American law with disabilities, and voters translate it in one of four federal government-covered languages: Spain, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Chinese, in addition to English. You can select the ballot that has been submitted.
Voter registrants have introduced protocols to protect the health and safety of electoral workers, voters, and observers at registrar offices, voting sites, and postal ballot drop-off locations. This too:
- All unvaccinated voters, observers, and electoral workers must wear a face cover. Outdoor accommodation will be available to voters who cannot wear it.
- All vaccinated voters, observers and electoral workers are strongly advised to wear a face cover.
- A hand sanitizer that can be used immediately when entering or exiting the facility.
- Masks and gloves available to all voters and visitors.
- Plexiglas barriers used in registrar offices and all voting locations.
- Regular cleaning / disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The registrar reminds San Diegans that campaigns or elections within 100 feet of the voting site or postal ballot drop-off location are not permitted.
In-Person Voting Begins in San Diego for California’s Gubernatorial Recall Election Source link In-Person Voting Begins in San Diego for California’s Gubernatorial Recall Election