Have you ever wanted to make your iPhone your own with your unique style and flair? Of course, you can change the home screen wallpaper. But if you really want to personalize your phone, why not create your own app icon?
This can be done using Apple’s built-in shortcut app. In fact, it doesn’t replace the icon that came with the app. Rather, you’ll be creating individual shortcuts that lead to your app. This is a tedious and time-consuming process, but in the end you will have a fully customized iPhone home screen.
Method is as follows.
- First, find the shortcut app and tap it. It is pre-installed. If you don’t see it immediately on the home screen, swipe left until you see the app library and start typing “shortcut” in the search bar at the top.
- When the app appears, tap the “plus” sign in the upper right corner, then tap “Add Action”
- There are many interesting things to try with shortcuts. But now what we want to do is switch the app’s icon. Type “Open App” in the search bar and tap the “Open App” link.
- Tap the word “select”. A list of apps is displayed. Select what you want to customize and you will be returned to the new shortcut page.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner. This will bring you to the details page. Give the shortcut a name,[ホーム画面に追加]Tap.
- You’ll see a preview of the icon (this will be the standard uninteresting icon that shortcuts add automatically). Don’t worry, we’re going to make it better.In the upper right corner[追加]Choose.
- Then find the alternative icon. There are many icon sources online (Flaticon, For example), or if artistic and / or ambitious, you can create your own. Save images to photos, whether they belong to someone else or yours.
- Then return to the shortcut preview area. ([詳細]Go to section and[ホーム画面に追加]You can find it again by tapping. )[ホーム画面の名前とアイコン]Tap the icon below. You can choose to take a picture, choose a picture, or choose a file. If you have already saved an image in your photo, tap Select Photo and select the photo you want to use.
- On the next screen, the highlighted area shows which part of the photo is displayed as an icon. You can move the photo until you are satisfied with the section shown. Tap “Select” at the bottom right.
- You should now see a new icon.[追加]Tap.
- A newly customized icon appears on the home screen. Congratulations!
- You may see two new icons on your home screen. One is the first boring icon and the other is a great new icon. In that case, press and hold the unnecessary icon and select “Delete Bookmark”. Remember that this (and any other you created) is a bookmark / shortcut, not the original.
- You can also hide the original app icon and show only the new icon. (Of course, you don’t have to delete it completely. The app will be deleted.)
- Press and hold the original app icon and select “Edit Home Screen”
- Tap the minus sign. In the pop-up menu[ホーム画面から削除]Tap. The original icon is not deleted and is hidden. You can always find it in the app library.
Note: When you navigate to an app using the new icon, you may see a small dropdown notification that shows the name of the original app and reminds you that it’s a shortcut. However, the dropdown lasts only a second or two, so it’s not too much of a hassle.
How to customize your iPhone’s app icons Source link How to customize your iPhone’s app icons