Local

Healthcare officials discuss vaccinations and staffing

Bakersfield, CA (KERO) —Healthcare staff continue to be a concern during the pandemic. More concerns surrounding state-wide obligations and what that could mean for the industry as a whole.

Bruce Peters Theo, President and President of Mercy Hospital Bakersfield, said:

Peters said some of these resources, including the National Guard and state travel agencies, will soon withdraw with the departure of some teams later this week.

“We have two strike teams acting as their medical practitioners within the National Guard rank, and it is that they work with our nurses, coordinate and support them. It means doing a lot of care, and there are some EMTs that are working in the emergency room, “said Kenneth Keller, CEO and President of Mercy Hospital Bakersfield...

This happens when there is a national shortage of health care workers, as officials said the remaining people during the pandemic are lean.

“We really need to increase the number of students enrolled in nursing schools, which seems to be a nationally low number of applicants and likely to be suspected of being a pandemic,” says Peters.

Many were afraid that this shortage would be exacerbated by the enforcement of strict obligations across the state last month. But that was not the case in Kern County.

That’s according to two local hospitals. Adventist Health Kern County issued a statement to 23 ABC.

“90% of our employees are vaccinated and the remaining 10% are medically or religiously exempt. We have left two nurses for the mission.” “

This is after Governor Newsom requires all health workers in the state to be vaccinated by September 30, or after leading to some protests last month due to the risk of losing their jobs. ..

“Hypocrite is real. They portrayed us as home heroes last year. And now they either want us to be vaccinated or have gone out.” Josh Lee said.

Since then, dignity hospitals, mercy hospitals, and memorial hospital officials have told 23ABC that “almost 90% of employees are currently vaccinated, partially vaccinated, or approved medically. Or they have a religious exemption, and the number is increasing day by day. “

For the other 10%, hospital Jessica Neely gets one because these workers continue to work while wearing masks and undergoing inspections, unlike the obligations set by the governor. Said it was in the process.

Peters added that this is a particularly difficult career to participate in during these times.

“It’s a very important profession,” Peters said. “It’s probably like a new paradigm, and we may have to look at how we continue to staff as a national community as a nation.”



Healthcare officials discuss vaccinations and staffing Source link Healthcare officials discuss vaccinations and staffing

Related Articles

Back to top button