The Guangzhou Industrial Center closed for most of its visitors Monday as China suffered a major COVID-19 crisis in its major eastern cities.
Shanghai took responsibility for the rise, with 26,087 complaints reported on Monday, with only 914 showing signs of slowing down. The 26-million-city city is under heavy siege, with many residents locked up in their homes for three weeks and worried about the economic impact of China’s largest city.
The financial services watchdog has seen international conferences canceled due to unrest, and Shanghai Port Football Club has been forced to withdraw from the Asian Championships due to travel restrictions.
Guangzhou, a city of 18 million people northwest of Hong Kong that is home to some of the largest companies and the busiest airport in China, has yet to be announced. There were 27 outbreaks in the city on Monday.
However, primary and middle schools have been switched to online after the first 23 local diseases were detected last week. An exhibition center has been relocated to a temporary hospital after authorities said they would initially begin public trials across the city.
Only citizens with a “definite need” to leave Guangzhou will be able to do so, and if they test positive for the virus within 48 hours of departure, city spokesman Chen Bin in social media announcements.
China has adhered to its zero-COVID strategy to deal with the outbreak with strict measures and public testing, despite complaints in Shanghai about food insecurity and malnutrition. medical services.
The Chinese government and all state-run media have been sharply criticizing complaints about COVID-19 prevention measures, censorship of the Internet and reprimanding foreign critics.
Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Zhao Lijian’s Regular Press Conference on March 25, 2008 and field trips to China as a result of “illegal domestic enforcement and COVID-19 sanctions, particularly in Hong Kong, Jilin. province and Shanghai. U.S. officials cite risk of” parents ” and the children shall be divided. “
Zhao said, “China has expressed its dissatisfaction and opposition to the US side’s response to China’s response to the outbreak.”
However, there are indications that Xi Jinping, the leader of the Communist Party of China (CPC), is pursuing a strict policy. Xi called for more social stability ahead of the party’s national convention later this year, where he is expected to give himself a third term as president. daughter.
The English-language China Daily acknowledges that Shanghai’s actions are flawed, and pointed to the dismissal of some regional officials last week for failing to carry out their duties. But he said that should not be “an excuse for politicizing the conference and accusing China.”
Zhao announced further protection for measures to curb the spread of China’s disease on Monday, saying “they have proven to be effective and adaptable to the country’s climate and needs, and have made significant contributions to the fight against the disease.” disease in the world. “
Shanghai has brought in thousands of additional health workers from other cities, provinces and the military. Despite the high number of cases, no new deaths have been reported in the Shanghai wave, perhaps because the omicron variant is less lethal than the older variants.
City officials also said they have provided basic necessities to residents, following complaints of food and other basic necessities.
Residents of the area resorted to buying groceries in batches because they were not allowed to leave their buildings, with the success of only getting the supplies they needed.
Officials say they will begin easing curfews in areas where no new cases have been reported for two weeks. Residents will be allowed to roam the area while away from each other.
The second group will be allowed to tour their neighborhoods, while others will remain isolated in their homes.
The Confederation of Asian Football (AFC) announced on Monday that the closure of COVID-19 in Shanghai Port of China has forced it to withdraw from the Asian Champions League.
Due to travel restrictions in the city, the port failed to make the trip to Thailand for six Group C games.
His first match was scheduled for Saturday against Vissel Kobe of Japan.
“The AFC has agreed to that summarize trips A statement from the AFC said: “Shanghai Port FC is the result of the recent blockade in Shanghai.
The capital, Beijing, has seen a shortage of restrictions, although Erjiefang district, including 798 famous districts, has been cordoned off and classified as a major disaster after eight outbreaks were reported there in the past two weeks.
China is facing one of the worst domestic outbreaks since the outbreak. China is still largely closed to international travel, as much of the world seeks ways to survive the virus.
© 2022 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, distributed, retransmitted or reposted without permission.
hint: Guangzhou closes most arrivals as China outbreak (2022, April 11) returns April 11, 2022 from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-guangzhou-china-outbreak.html
This document is copyrighted. Apart from any genuine transaction for the purpose of personal analysis or investigation, no part may be reproduced without our written permission. Content is provided for informational purposes only.
Guangzhou closes to most arrivals as China’s outbreak grows Source link Guangzhou closes to most arrivals as China’s outbreak grows