On Friday, Caltrans announced that the Georgia street junction and the Tennessee street junction would open earlier than planned.
The Georgia street junction will open before May 6, and the Tennessee street junction will reopen on May 13. Both were due to open in May, but due to good working conditions, the projects were completed earlier than planned.
Premature completion of the project could speed up the timing of the Redwood Street crossing project, Caltrans, the final stretch of the I-80 Six Bridges Project. Tennessee St. and Georgia St. crosstalk improvements include:
- Larger vertical space to allow modern trucks to pass underneath.
- Pedestrian crossings have been improved to make them safer to cross.
Redwood St., which begins May 16. the closure of the crest is expected to last five months. During this time the crossing will be closed to all traffic to ensure the safety of citizens and workers. Caltrans will provide additional information when a specific reopening date expires.
Redwood Street Bridge Bypass Routes include East Bypass:
- Head east on Redwood St. I-80
- Continue west on I-80 to Tennessee St. to the exit
- Exit I-80 on Tennessee Street
- Follow the loop connector east to Tennessee St.
- Right Humboldt St.
- Enter Humboldt Street east of I-80
- Take the Redwood Parkway exit onto I-80
- Take the WB Redwood Parkway to the right towards NB Admiral Callaghan Lane
- Turn left onto WB Columbus
- Parkway / Auto Mall Parkway
- Take the WB I-80 onramp
- Departure from Redwood St.
A 24-hour shuttle service will be available for pedestrians and cyclists who need to be safely surrounded by Redwood Street. overhang. A shuttle station will be set up on each side of the bridge.
For more information on the I-80 6 Bridges Project, visit i80sixbridgesvallejo.com.
Georgia Street overcross to reopen by May 6 – Times-Herald Source link Georgia Street overcross to reopen by May 6 – Times-Herald