Local

Elon Musk’s takeover in doubt after Twitter’s spam account claims

Tesla CEO Elon Musk says his deal to buy Twitter could not go ahead unless the company publicly proves that less than 5% of the social media platform accounts are fake or unwanted. Musk made the comment in response to another Twitter user early Tuesday. He spent much of the previous day hanging out with Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal, who posted a series of tweets explaining his company’s efforts to combat bots and how he consistently estimated that less than 5% of Twitter accounts were fake. . In his tweet on Tuesday, Musk said that “20% of fake / unwanted accounts, while 4 times larger than Twitter claims, could be much larger. “My offer was based on the fact that Twitter’s SEC files were accurate.” He added: “Yesterday, the CEO of Twitter publicly refused to prove the 5%. “This agreement cannot go ahead until it does.” It’s the latest Musk disaster for non-genuine accounts, a problem he has said he wants to get rid of on Twitter. At a tech conference in Miami on Monday, Musk estimated that at least 20% of his 229 million Twitter accounts were spam bots, a percentage that he said was below his rating, according to a Bloomberg News report. The battle for spam accounts began last week when Musk wrote on Twitter that the deal with Twitter was on hold pending confirmation of the company’s estimates of less than 5% of all users. Also on All In Summit, Musk gave the strongest hint that he would like to pay less for Twitter than the $ 44 billion bid he made last month. He said a viable deal at a lower price would not be out of the question, according to a Bloomberg report, which said he saw a live video of the conference posted by a Twitter user. Musk’s comments are likely to reinforce analysts’ theories that the billionaire either wants to get out of the deal or buy the company at a cheaper price. His tweet on Tuesday came in response to a Tesla news site speculating that Musk “may be looking for a better deal on Twitter as the $ 44 billion seems too high.” Musk made the offer to buy Twitter for $ 54.20 a share on April 14. have fallen since then and have now fallen just over 8%, to close at $ 37.39 on Monday. To finance the acquisition, it has pledged some of its shares in Tesla, but has fallen by a third since the announcement of the deal.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk says his own Twitter purchase agreement can not proceed unless the company publicly proves that less than 5% of the accounts on the social media platform are fake or unwanted.

Musk made the comment in response to another Twitter user early Tuesday. He spent much of the previous day hanging out with Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal, who posted a series of tweets explaining his company’s efforts to combat bots and how he consistently estimated that less than 5% of Twitter accounts were fake. .

In his tweet on Tuesday, Musk said that “20% of fake / unwanted accounts, while 4 times bigger than Twitter claims, could be much bigger. “My offer was based on the fact that Twitter’s SEC files were accurate.”

He added: “Yesterday, the CEO of Twitter publicly refused to prove the 5%. “This agreement cannot go ahead until it does.”

It’s the latest Musk disaster for non-genuine accounts, a problem he said wants to get rid of Twitter.

At a tech conference in Miami on Monday, Musk estimated that at least 20% of his 229 million Twitter accounts were spam bots, a figure he said was below his rating, according to a Bloomberg News report.

The battle for spam accounts began last week when Musk wrote on Twitter that the deal with Twitter was on hold pending confirmation of the company’s estimates that they make up less than 5% of all users.

Also at the All In Summit, Musk gave the strongest hint so far would like to pay less for Twitter from the $ 44 billion offer he made last month.

He said a viable deal at a lower price would not be out of the question, according to a Bloomberg report, which said he saw a live video of the conference posted by a Twitter user.

Musk’s comments are likely to reinforce analysts’ theories that the billionaire either wants to get out of the deal or buy the company at a cheaper price. His tweet on Tuesday came in response to a Tesla news website speculating that Musk “may be looking for a better deal on Twitter as the $ 44 billion seems too high.”

Musk made the offer to buy Twitter for $ 54.20 a share on April 14. Shares of Twitter have fallen since then and have now fallen just over 8%, to close at $ 37.39 on Monday.

It has pledged some of its shares in Tesla to finance the takeover, but has fallen by a third since the deal was announced.

Elon Musk’s takeover in doubt after Twitter’s spam account claims Source link Elon Musk’s takeover in doubt after Twitter’s spam account claims

Related Articles

Back to top button