The 31-year-old entertainer was announced on Tuesday as headliner for Day N Vegas 2022, the same event from which Scott retired in the days following the November 5, 2021 tragedy.
Scott’s planned 40-acre Las Vegas Festival Grounds, which is said to be able to accommodate up to 85,000 people at a time, will take place on September 4, less than a year after Astroworld. Other acts planned for Day N Vegas also include those who participated in Scott’s Astroworld line-up, including SZA, Don Toliver and 21 Savage.
Goldenvoice, the organizer behind the popular Coachella music event, which also removed Scott from the 2022 festival after Astroworld, is the production of Day N Vegas. A subsidiary of the entertainment company AEG, Goldenvoice did not immediately provide a specific statement regarding Scott’s detention or any specific security measures that producers will take at the event. Scott also remained silent immediately after the announcement.
Despite this, however, social media users quickly weighed in on Goldenvoice and Day N Vegas posts announcing the lineup.
FULL COVERAGE: Tragedy of the Astroworld Festival
“Very bold of all,” a Facebook user told Day N Vegas Page. “I bet your safety at the festival is wild.”
“You may skip Sunday. Just to be safe,” another user told The Goldenvoice pagereferring to Scott’s Sunday Slot Machine.
Texas-born Scott has generally lowered after the crowd wave in the NRG Park parking lot, where the crowd estimates that the night of his set was around 100,000 people. Multiple treatments from injured fans and families of lost spectators at the concert claimed that Scott was responsible for inciting what happened. Live Nation, the listed company that produced Scott’s Astroworld, has also been named as a defendant in some of these lawsuits.
Despite the ongoing controversy, Scott is steadily reappearing in the public eye in the months following last fall’s show. According to information, he carried out a private exhibition in California last March. He was announced as an actor for the events of the Primavera Sound festival in Brazil and Argentina this November.
Scott was also invited last month Billboard Music Awardswhere he appeared live on television for the first time since Astroworld.
Scott has provided assistance to the injured and the families of the victims, including covering the funeral expenses and mental health treatment for the fans. These offers, however, have generally been rejected.
None of the Astroworld victims were over 27 years old and at least three were 16 years old and under, including the younger victim, a 9-year-old boy.
Copyright © 2022 KFSN-TV. All rights reserved.
Day N Vegas 2022: Travis Scott books first US music fest since Astroworld crowd surge that killed 10; tapped for Las Vegas event Source link Day N Vegas 2022: Travis Scott books first US music fest since Astroworld crowd surge that killed 10; tapped for Las Vegas event