POLICE have arrested a suspect in connection with Sunday’s massacre in Sacramento in which six people were killed and 12 others injured.
Dandre Martin, 26, has been taken into custody and booked to the tragic shooting in downtown Sacramento, Chief of Police Kathy Lester told KCRA Monday afternoon.
Martin is being charged on charges of assault with a firearm and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm, Lester said.
“Right now, that’s really all we can share about him,” she said.
“As you know this is a complex investigation and we are looking for multiple suspects and so we are currently working to identify what his role was on the night of the shooting.”
Sacramento Police Department SWAT members and detectives also conducted searches at three homes in the area, KCRA reported.
Police said in a press conference Sunday that one gun has been found so far.
Lester confirmed Monday that more than 100 bullet casings had been found at the scene of the shooting.
More to follow …
For the latest news on this story stay tuned to Sun Online.
The-sun.com is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, sports news, real life stories, jaw-dropping photos and must-see video.
Dandre Martin arrested over Sacramento mass shooting that left 6 dead as cops hunt for more suspects & victims are named Source link Dandre Martin arrested over Sacramento mass shooting that left 6 dead as cops hunt for more suspects & victims are named