Local

Criminal investigation of deadly crowd surge at Astroworld Festival could take weeks

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said police after a crowd surge at the Houston Music Festival on Friday killed eight people, left more injured, and at least two fought for their lives in danger. Said that he was in the early stages of a criminal investigation. Judging the situation behind the crash at the Astroworld Festival, CNN said on Sunday that the city’s idea lies with those killed or injured. Rapper Travis Scott, who headed and hosted the festival, was scheduled to perform on Friday after 9 pm with thousands of attendees rushing to the stage. “For some reason the crowd was pushed out in front of the stage and began to skyrocket, putting pressure on the former people. They couldn’t escape the situation,” Houston fire chief Sam Penha told CNN. Told. The situation worsened as the concert attendees near the front were trapped, as Scott played. Witnesses told CNN about the tragic scenes of people being crushed or trampled by music drowning out their calls for help. Scott stopped the show at least three times to seek help from the affected concert attendees, audience members Nick Johnson and Angel Rodriguez told CNN: eight people between the ages of 14 and 27. Died in a surge, officials said. Hundreds of people were injured, many of whom were treated at a field hospital near the event. Turner said 13 people had been hospitalized as of Saturday. Houston police said the investigation was “very active and in the early stages” on Sunday. Turner told CNN that he and his team met on Sunday morning and “started all the detailed reviews.” Over 500 Houston police officers also attended the event. Turner said he has more than 700 private security guards, a significant increase from previous festival repetitions. Houston Police Chief Travis Scott visited Scott before the set and said, “CNN commented on the New York Times report, according to a report from the New York Times quoting sources familiar with the chief’s account. In 2019, three people were trampled and injured. A patron rushed to the venue. The event was first held in 2018. Of the concert. Lawsuits filed against organizers and promoters Concert attendees have filed suits against Scott, entertainment company Live Nation, and concert promoter Scoremore, following a surge in crowds on Friday. “I was seriously injured when an uncontrollable crowd at the concert slammed him on the ground and trampled him,” he said, and the CNN was obtained from Souza’s leading law firm, Carker Garcia. Instead, they consciously ignored the extreme risk of harm to concert attendees and, in some cases, actively encouraged and instigated dangerous behavior, “said the proceedings. It reveals what happened and provides answers to the victim and the victim’s family. No one should be afraid to attend the concert. “To be honest, I’m just devastated,” Scott said in a video posted on Instagram Saturday night, according to a statement by Carker Garcia. “We’re now family CNN contacted Scott, Live Nation, and Scoremore for comment on the case, as she is actually working to identify her. Kylie Jenner, who shares her three-year-old daughter with Scott, she too. Scott also said he was unaware. Astroworld’s death toll at the concert on Friday said, “I want to make it clear that I didn’t know the dead until the news came out after the show. I wouldn’t have continued playing, “Jenner said in an Instagram post. “I would like to extend my deepest condolences to all the families during this difficult time. I pray for the healing of all those affected.” , Family and friends mourn them. Lost, including high school and college students, and men trying to save the fiancé from greater harm. Among those identified as being killed in the surge, John Hilgart, 14 years old. Briana Rodriguez, 16; Jacob Julineck, 20 years old. Franco Patino, 21 years old. Rodol Fopeña, 23 years old. Turner told CNN on Sunday. Rapper Roddy Ricch, one of the festival’s performers, has announced that he will donate a portion of the concert’s proceeds to his family. “Get the family of the family you lost yesterday to contact @shawnholiday. We’ll donate a net compensation to the family in this case,” Rich posted on Instagram and shared the hashtag “Pray4Houston.” Organizers canceled the show on Saturday after the surge and said in a statement, “Our heart is in the Astroworld Festival family tonight, especially those we lost and their loved ones. We focus on helping local officials as much as possible. ”

Police are then in the early stages of a criminal investigation Crowd surge At the Houston Music Festival on Friday, eight people were killed, scores were further injured, and at least two fought for their lives in a critical situation.

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner Working to decide The situation behind the crash at the Astroworld Festival, and on CNN’s Sunday, said the city’s thoughts lie with those who have been killed or injured.

“We are praying for their family. There are two individuals in our hospital who are still in crisis, so we are praying for all of them,” he says. I did.

Rapper Travis Scott, who headlined and hosted the festival, was scheduled to feature thousands of attendees after 9 pm on Friday. Quickly, Approaching the stage.

Houston Fire Chief Sam Penha told CNN, “For some reason, the crowd was pushed out in front of the stage and began to surge, putting pressure on the former people. They couldn’t escape the situation.” Said.

The situation worsened as the concert attendees near the front were trapped, as Scott played.witness Told CNN about the miserable scene The number of people who have been crushed or trampled because their calls for help have been drowned out by the music.

When the staff and first responders worked to respond to the tragedy unfolding, the ambulance quickly broke into the crowd and assisted. Scott has stopped the show at least three times to seek help from the affected concert attendees, audience members Nick Johnson and Angel Rodriguez told CNN.

Eight people between the ages of 14 and 27 died in a surge, officials said. Hundreds of people were injured, many of whom were treated at a field hospital near the event. According to Turner, 13 people were hospitalized as of Saturday.

Houston police said the investigation was “very active and in the early stages” on Sunday, making departmental services available to those seeking information about loved ones in attendance.

“Criminal investigations are underway at this time,” Turner told CNN, and he and his team met on Sunday morning to “start a detailed review of everything that took place. No more. But it will probably take a few weeks, I said. ” I am confident that what has happened can be seen from different angles, just as it should be. “

More than 500 Houston police officers and more than 700 private security guards attended the event, a significant increase from previous repetitions of the festival, Turner said.

Houston Police Chief Troy Finaler visited Scott before the set and expressed “concerns about energy in the crowd.” according to A report from The New York Times quoting sources familiar with the chief’s account.

CNN has contacted Houston police and Travis Scott’s representatives for comment on the New York Times report.

In 2019, three people were trampled and injured. Flooded with regular customers To the venue. The event was first held in 2018.

Proceedings filed against concert organizers and promoters

Concert attendees filed proceedings against Scott, entertainment company Live Nation, and concert promoter Scoremore following a crowd surge on Friday, with more than $ 1 million in monetary damages for injuries at the show. I asked for.

“I was seriously injured when an uncontrollable crowd at the concert slammed him on the ground,” said Manuel Souza, who said CNN had obtained it from Souza’s leading law firm, Carker Garcia. rice field.

“Defendants were unable to properly plan and conduct concerts in a safe manner. Instead, they consciously ignored the extreme risk of harm to concert attendees, and in some cases dangerous. We actively encouraged and instigated such actions, “the lawsuit said.

“We want to investigate this tragedy over the next few days, reveal what happened, and provide answers to the victims and their families. No one should be afraid to attend the concert. We have to stop, “said a statement from Kherkher Garcia.

In a video posted on Instagram on Saturday night, Scott said, “To be honest, I’m just devastated.” “This difficulty because we’re actually working to identify the family. You can help your family at any time, “he added.

CNN has contacted Scott, Live Nation and Scoremore for comment on the proceedings.

Kylie Jenner, who shares her three-year-old daughter with Scott, said she and Scott were unaware of Astroworld’s death during the Friday concert.

“I want to make it clear that I didn’t know the dead until the news came out after the show. I wouldn’t have continued to shoot or perform in the world,” Jenner said in an Instagram post. “We would like to express our deepest sympathies to our families during this difficult time and pray for the souls of those who have been affected.”

Victims will continue to be identified

Family and friends mourn the lost, including high school and college students, and men trying to save their fiancés from greater harm, as investigations into what happened on Friday night continue. ..

Some of the people identified as killed in the surge include: Briana Rodriguez, 16; Jacob Julineck, 20 years old. Franco Patino, 21 years old. Rodol Fopeña, 23 years old. And the Danish Baigu, 27.

Turner told CNN on Sunday.

Rapper Roddy Ricch, one of the festival’s performers, has announced that he will donate a portion of the concert’s proceeds to the victims’ families.

“Get the family you lost yesterday to contact @shawnholiday. We’ll donate a net compensation to the family in this case,” Richch shared the hashtag “Pray4Houston” on Instagram.

Astroworld Festival organizers canceled the show on Saturday after the surge and said in a statement, “Our heart is tonight’s Astroworld Festival family, especially those we lost and their loved ones. Yes, we are focused on helping local officials as much as possible. “

Criminal investigation of deadly crowd surge at Astroworld Festival could take weeks Source link Criminal investigation of deadly crowd surge at Astroworld Festival could take weeks

Related Articles

Back to top button