Local

Carlsbad man surrenders to police after allegedly firing gun during burglary dispute

A Carlsbad man robbed an acquaintance on Monday night, then surrendered to police on Tuesday and fired at the same acquaintance who was trying to retrieve his belongings, police said.

In a news release, Carlsbad police lieutenant Jeff Smith said a complex series of events began around 10 pm when Fallbrook residents called Carlsbad police and reported that their home had been stolen. Stated.

According to Smith, the man identified a 63-year-old Carlsbad resident who he believed he had stolen and told police that he had headed to his residence in Ponto Drive, north of Avenida Encinas. He asked Carlsbad officers to meet him in his residence to help maintain peace during the conflict.

According to Smith, the man called the police again and argued with a man who believed he had robbed the house while the police were driving home. He said the man fired a gun during the incident, but no one attacked.

According to Smith, Carlsbad police officers, including the city’s SWAT unit, searched for the suspect with the help of a search dog and a San Diego Sheriff’s helicopter. Law enforcement officers continued their search all night and until Tuesday morning, without finding the suspected shooter.

At around 2:45 pm on Tuesday, Mr Smith said the man surrendered to Carlsbad police headquarters and police arrested him on suspicion of inadvertently firing a firearm. He was booked at the Vista detention facility, where prison records showed that he remained in custody on Tuesday night.

Police said the case was under investigation.



Carlsbad man surrenders to police after allegedly firing gun during burglary dispute Source link Carlsbad man surrenders to police after allegedly firing gun during burglary dispute

Related Articles

Back to top button