California

California school workers accused of ignoring allegations that boy, 17, assaulted THREE teen girls

IN California high school is being investigated after it received a report last year that a 17-year-old student had sexually assaulted three teenage girls – but failed to alert police.

One of the alleged victims, 16, had reported the attacks to officials at Wilmer Amina Carter High School in Rialto, California in November 2021, her mother Stephanie Olvera told DailyMail.com.

But she claims her report was not taken seriously and was dismissed as ‘boys will be boys’. Worse, she claims that a school principal tried to lay the blame for the sexual assault back on her, suggesting that it ‘could be how she dressed’.

“She told me she tried several times to tell the staff about what happened,” Olvera said. ‘But instead they blamed her. The vice-director told my daughter that well, maybe it was the way she dressed, or did she really tell him no? I could not believe it. How is this my daughter’s guilty? ‘

After her mother submitted the report, detectives investigated the girl’s claims and found the accusation that two other girls, aged 15 and 16, were also sexually assaulted by the same boy. They also found that one of those girls had reported her alleged sexual assault to the school as early as September 2021.

The 17-year-old boy who was arrested and released in the custody of his parents has been charged with sexual battery. It is not clear if he is suspended or out of school.

The Rialto Unified School District has now launched an internal investigation into why the school failed to report to the police.

Criminal charges against the two school officials who allegedly did not contact police, in accordance with California State mandate reporting laws, have been sent to the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office for review, according to a Police press release.

DailyMail.com has made repeated attempts to contact the school, but has not responded.

Stephanie Olvera has promised to be a voice for her daughter, who reported last November that she was sexually assaulted on school grounds at Wilmer Amina Carter High School in Rialto, but says her claims were on the side

One of the suspected victims has not been back to school since the police report was drawn up

One of the suspected victims has not been back to school since the police report was drawn up

Stephanie Olvera told DailyMail.com that she learned of the alleged attack last week after her daughter “did not act like herself” when she returned home from school.

“I knew something was wrong,” she said.

When she asked her, the teenager broke out and told her that she had been sexually abused for months.

She also told them about the alleged remarks made by the school official, who had urged her daughter to keep quiet.

Since the police reported last week, the boy has not returned to school.

‘I can not even come back to school because they told me it was my fault and that I was a liar,’ her daughter told FOX 11 on Tuesday when parents and supporters came out of school, angry that the accusations heldhold wie.

A TikTok video posted by Stephanie Olvera shows a shouting match between herself and a school principal, who confronted her for reporting unspoken allegations of sexual assault against her daughters on school grounds.

A TikTok video posted by Stephanie Olvera shows a shouting match between herself and a school principal, who confronted her for reporting unspoken allegations of sexual assault against her daughters on school grounds.

Stephanie Olvera and her husband rally to hear their daughter's voice

Stephanie Olvera and her husband rally to hear their daughter’s voice

A day after finding the charges, on February 17, Olvera and her husband went to the school to confront school officials.

A shout-out video recorded last week shows Olvera yelling at a masked school principal, ‘how dare you tell me I have nothing to worry about’, referring to the phone call they received the day before about a recent incident and overthrew her daughter.

“How dare you, how dare you not call the police for their defense yesterday,” she continued.

The school principal claimed that she intended to call the police and that the alleged victim ‘begged’ her not to tell her mother. She explained that the teenager wanted to tell her mother herself.

The parents said there is protocol that the staff had to follow that was not done.

‘I want the vice-principal and the staff at that school to be held accountable for not reporting these sexual assaults,’ she said.

Criminal prosecutors have been recommended to the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office for review regarding the failure of two school officials (pictured) to report the incident in accordance with California State mandate reporting laws

Criminal prosecutors have been recommended to the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office for review regarding the failure of two school officials (pictured) to report the incident in accordance with California State mandate reporting laws

Alders gather outside Wilmer Amina Carter High School in Rialto, California, after discovering the school was being investigated for a months-long delay in reporting sexual assault that occurred on school grounds

Alders gather outside Wilmer Amina Carter High School in Rialto, California, after discovering the school was being investigated for a months-long delay in reporting sexual assault that occurred on school grounds

Elders are angry, appeared Tuesday at school, singing 'Justice for our Daughters'

Elders are angry, appeared Tuesday at school, singing ‘Justice for our Daughters’

Elders and students came to the school on Tuesday to express their displeasure over the delay by school officials in reporting the alleged attacks.

A large crowd gathered outside the school with signs saying: ‘Justice for our daughters’. Many people responded to the online messages that they were also parents and wanted to come support.

“I have to be a voice for my daughters, because their voices do not seem to matter,” Olvera told DailyMail.com. ‘And it’s not one girl, there are many. All robbed by the same boy. ‘

Olvera would only identify the accused student as a wrestler at the school who had a crush on her daughter. She added that they never had a relationship.

‘Since last week, I have seen so many people, so many girls, come forward and report their own incidents – harassment, abuse, stalking, all with the same boy. She thanked me for giving her a voice. ‘

Rialto Unified School District District spokeswoman Syeda Jafri said The Mercury News that ‘the well-being of students is our number one priority.’

‘Therefore, these accusations are taken with extreme seriousness. The district will continue its internal investigation until all the facts related to this case have been revealed.

“We will also continue to work with local authorities as they conduct their own investigations.”

‘The reason for the delay in reporting school staff to the police is also being investigated.’

California school workers accused of ignoring allegations that boy, 17, assaulted THREE teen girls Source link California school workers accused of ignoring allegations that boy, 17, assaulted THREE teen girls

Related Articles

Back to top button