This means that due to the extremely hot weather and wildfires, residents are required to save as much electricity as possible from 4 pm to 9 pm.
A statement, California ISO said:
“The explosive Bootleg Fire left power lines from Oregon unreliable and hot throughout the west, increasing power demand, and the California Independent System Operator (ISO) to help stabilize. We issued a state-wide flex alert on Monday, July 12, addressing the uncertainties created by the state’s power network and unusual conditions. “
Consumers are strongly encouraged to take the following specific actions during times when Flex Alert is enabled:
- Set the thermostat to 78 degrees or higher if your health allows
- Avoid using major appliances such as dishwashers, clothes washer and dryers
- Turn off all unnecessary lights
Consumers are also advised to use a fan for cooling and unplug unused appliances.
Consumers are advised to perform the following steps a few hours before Flex Alert is enabled. This increases comfort when reducing power usage.
- Lower the thermostat to precool the house
- If you need to use major appliances, use them early in the day with abundant solar energy
- Close the window covers to keep your home or apartment cool
- It uses solar energy to charge electronics and electric vehicles, so you don’t have to charge it later when the sun isn’t available.
Copyright © 2021 KGO-TV. all rights reserved.
California power grid declares Flex Alert for Monday, asks for electricity conservation Source link California power grid declares Flex Alert for Monday, asks for electricity conservation