Local

Bob Saget death: Family granted permanent injunction to block the release of records related to death investigation

SAN FRANCISCO – A Florida judge on Monday blocked the release of some files related to the investigation into the death of actor and comedian Bob Sagget.

According to court records obtained by CNN’s subsidiary WKMG, Ninth Circuit Judge Vincent Chiu granted the Saget family’s request for permanent prosecution.

RELATED: The judge prevents the publication of additional files in the investigation of the death of Bob Sagget

The judge’s decision came almost a month after Saget’s family filed a lawsuit to block the release of certain records, citing privacy concerns, as previously reported by CNN.

Saget, 65, was found dead in his hotel room in Orlando, Florida, in January. The Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office found that his death was accidental, most likely because he fell backwards and hit his head.

“The whole Saget family is grateful that the judge accepted her request for an order to preserve Bob’s dignity and privacy, especially after this unexpected and tragic loss. We are delighted that this issue has been resolved and “All the prayers and wishes that are constantly made to the family are invaluable,” Brian Bieber, Saget’s family lawyer, told CNN.

RELATED: Bob Saget died of a head injury, the family says

Saget’s widow, Kelly Rizzo, and her three daughters have filed a lawsuit against the Orange County Sheriff and the medical examiner’s office, seeking to exclude some death-related investigation files from public disclosure because of their graphic nature in the way depicting the late actor. .

“In the course of these investigations, the defendants created files that included photographs, video recordings, recordings, legally protected autopsy information and all other legally protected information,” the lawsuit said. “Based on information and beliefs, some of these files graphically depict Mr Saget, his resemblance or characteristics or parts of him and were made by the defendants during the defendants’ investigations.”

The family claims in the lawsuit that releasing this information – either at the request of public records or by any other means – would cause them “to suffer irreparable harm in the form of extreme mental pain, anxiety and emotional distress”.

The-CNN-Wire ™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia company. All rights reserved.



Bob Saget death: Family granted permanent injunction to block the release of records related to death investigation Source link Bob Saget death: Family granted permanent injunction to block the release of records related to death investigation

Related Articles

Back to top button