Signed by President Joe Biden Executive order On Wednesday, government agencies will be forced to invest in clean energy.
In addition to the long-term goal of net zero emissions by 2050, Biden says the federal government needs to reduce emissions by 65% by 2030.
To reach the goal, the plan requires government agencies to upgrade federal buildings to more energy-efficient ones and replace vehicles with electric vehicles.
The Executive Order sets five main goals.
- 100% Carbon Pollution Free Electricity (CFE) by 2030
- Acquired 100% Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) by 2035
- Net zero emissions from federal procurement by 2050
- Building portfolio with net zero emissions by 2045
- Net zero emissions from the entire federal business by 2050
The White House says the bipartisan infrastructure bill passed earlier this year will fund government agencies to reach their goals.
“Today’s actions are part of the president’s broad commitment to increase investment in US manufacturing and workers and rebuild our country better,” the White House said in a statement on its website. ..
Biden believes his plans will help tackle the climate crisis and create high-paying jobs.
Biden aims to make federal government carbon-neutral by 2050 Source link Biden aims to make federal government carbon-neutral by 2050