According to the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Control District, if you see or smell smoke, minimize outdoor activities to protect your health.
according to Sakuramento Metropolitan Air Quality Control DistrictIf you see or smell smoke, minimize outdoor activities to protect your health. Children, the elderly, and people with respiratory or heart conditions are advised to take special precautions to avoid exposure.
Tips for avoiding wildfire smoke exposure:
- Stay indoors and close doors and windows as much as possible
- Set the air conditioner to recirculation indoor air mode
- Asthma residents should follow an asthma management plan
- Contact your doctor if you have coughing, shortness of breath, or other symptoms that may be due to smoke.
- Residents of heart disease need to limit their exposure to smoke, as they are at increased risk of heart attack.
California Air Resources Department In wildfires and smokey situations, staying indoors with windows and doors closed is the best health precaution. The board also suggests that:
- If you have an AC unit, recirculate it, constantly updating the air filter.
- Avoid activities that increase indoor pollution
- Avoid exercising outdoors
If you live in an area prone to wildfires CalFire suggests Create a defensive space around your home.Can be defended Space is the area around the built-ing Vegetation and other debris have been completely removed. We recommend at least 100 feet.
Homeland Security Proposes Assembling an emergency kit with important documents, an N95 breathing mask, and equipment to take with you if you have to leave immediately.The agency also suggests signing up for local alert system notifications to know your community’s evacuation plans. Great for preparing yourself and your family In case of a forest fire.
Some counties use Nixle alerts to update residents about stormy weather, wildfires, and other news. apply, Visit www.nixle.com Alternatively, text the zip code to 888777 to start receiving alerts.
PG & E customers can also subscribe to alerts by text, email, or phone. If you are using PG & E,[プロファイルとアラート]Please access the section and register.
: Watch, download, browse
Timeline: PG & E disasters since 2010
Air quality maps of Sacramento and Northern California Source link Air quality maps of Sacramento and Northern California