Going to a higher learning institution is a dream for many students. Attending higher education is a chance to meet new friends and acquire essential skills that can help advance your career. But, there is more to going to college. You must attend classes, do exams, and write essays. But, the most important is to keep yourself safe.
Well, you may ask: how can I keep myself safe in school. The answer to this question is simple. Follow all the school rules, avoid hazardous activities, and ensure that you maintain a proper hygienic standard. Even so, many people have written on better ways of protecting yourself in school.
For instance, Jacqueline Dautaj, an expert on school safety and rules, says that “to be safe in school, you should avoid vulgar language, respect others andtalk calmly.”These tips have some truth in them. Talking in a vulgar manner can provoke conflict and fights. The result is that one party may get harmed.
Also, respect for others is an essential ingredient that promotes positive relationships in school. You will be psychologically hurt if you are not in constant arguments and fights with your peers. Avoid this by respecting their properties, points of opinion, and friendships.
As much as I respect the views of other experts in educational safety, I believe that there is more you can do to stay safe in school. Therefore, I recommend four rules to follow when in a learning institution. These regulations are:
- Read through the school manuals and understand their emergency processes
When you are enrolled in school, you will receive a manual. Read through this manual carefully. Identify their emergency procedures, and memorize them. These procedures will guide you on how to act during a fire outbreak or in an emergency.
You can use different methods to memorize the contents. The easiest is writing it down as a note and reading it during spare time. Other methods are:
- Pin the document to the wall: Take glue, and paste the manual in your private studying area. This will allow you to read the paper before you begin your revisions. As a result, you will find it difficult to forget the information.
- Revise the manual contents with your friends: When you get the emergency procedures from your school, you can ask your associates for clarifications. They will explain the information. Once you understand, it won’t be easy to forget.
- Seek clarifications from the school administration: Ask your school leaders to explain the emergency procedure manual to you. They prepared the document and are in a better position to clarify anything you don’t understand.
- Understand the school environment
You need to know all the routes leading to your class and area of residence. In an emergency, one of the roads may be inaccessible. When this occurs, you will rely on an alternative route. Without knowledge of these passages, you may choose a path that is not safe.
Knowledge of the school environment will not only keep you safe but also improve your grades. For instance, when you are late in attending an examination, you may take the shorter route. You will get on time and carry out some last-minute revisions.
But, if it is a lengthy researcher paper whose time is almost due, you can ask professional essay writers for help.
- Talk about your health problems to the authority
You may have some health problems that require specialized attention in school. For example, you may have asthma, diabetes, or even hypertension. In such a case, inform the school authorities. Providing this information may save your life. That is in case your condition gets worse. For example, the school administration will know what to do when you are under an asthma attack.
- Avoid walking late or dark alleys while going to your hall of residence
Your halls of residence may be far from your classrooms. In such a situation, be cautious when going to class. If it is late at night, walk-in groups. Better still, you can avoid dark alleys or secluded places. You may risk your life if you pass through these areas.
But, it is advisable to report any suspicious activities in your school routes. You may save some lives if you do so.
While in school, you should take responsibility for your safety. Respect everyone, avoid vulgar language and follow school rules are standardized methods of keeping yourself safe. Apart from these, you need to understand your school environment, read through school safety manuals, and avoid dark alleys. When you follow these tips, you will successfully finish school without safety concerns.