Local

81-year-old Stockton ice cream vendor robbed of $300 at gunpoint

An 81-year-old man was robbed of hundreds of dollars at gunpoint outside his home in Stockton. Stockton police are seeking the help of the public to find a man and a woman who were driving a white sedan at the time of the armed robbery that took place on Tuesday at the Olympic Circle near Sousa Park. As of Wednesday night, police say no arrests have been made and are still searching for those responsible. Juan Mendoza Martinez, the victim of the attack, is an approved ice cream seller in Stockton. He said this was not the first time he had been attacked while at work. has happened almost 10 times. He felt he was the target in this most recent incident. The ring camera from his front porch shows a white sedan pulling up to his house a minute before he arrives in the ice cream cart. Mendoza Martinez said the man and woman in his car asked for ice cream. When he got into his cart to get some, he said the man pulled out a gun and demanded his money. They took $ 300, which was all the cash in his wallet. That’s the money he earned on Tuesday, which he needed to buy more stock to sell on Wednesday. Stockton police said some of these attacks are reported in the city each year. They explained that street vendors are often targeted because they work alone and have a lot of cash. Martinez Mendoza said things had calmed down recently as awareness spread on television about attacks on street vendors. He wants the police and the city to do more to keep young people off the streets and away from drugs and violence. As Martinez Mendoza works to get back on his feet and earn enough money to buy more products to sell, his loved ones have created a GoFundMe. You can go here to help him.

An 81-year-old man was robbed of hundreds of dollars at gunpoint outside his home in Stockton.

Stockton police are asking for help from the public to find a man and a woman who were driving a white sedan at the time of the armed robbery that took place on Tuesday at the Olympic Circle near Sousa Park. As of Wednesday night, police say no arrests have been made and are still searching for those responsible.

Juan Mendoza Martinez, the victim of the attack, is an approved ice cream seller in Stockton. He said this was not the first time he had been attacked while at work. has happened almost 10 times.

He felt he was the target in this most recent incident.

The ring camera from his front porch shows a white sedan arriving home just minutes before he arrives in the ice cream cart.

Mendoza Martinez said the man and woman in his car asked for ice cream. When he got into his cart to get some, he said the man pulled out a gun and demanded his money. They took $ 300, which was all the cash in his wallet.

That’s the money he earned on Tuesday, which he needed to buy more bids to sell on Wednesday.

Stockton police said some of these attacks are reported in the city each year. They explained that street vendors are often targeted because they work alone and have a lot of cash.

Martinez Mendoza said things had calmed down recently as well TV awareness of street vendor attacks.

He wants the police and the city to do more to keep young people off the streets and away from drugs and violence. As Martinez Mendoza works to get back on his feet and earn enough money to buy more products to sell, his loved ones have created a GoFundMe.

Here you can go help him.

81-year-old Stockton ice cream vendor robbed of $300 at gunpoint Source link 81-year-old Stockton ice cream vendor robbed of $300 at gunpoint

Related Articles

Back to top button